Tuesday 27 July 2010

Raison d'etre

So...a new blog starts here.  But why?

I have recently started a project to create a Microsoft UAG deployment, with a specific requirement of delivering reverse proxying of published web sites, but with added security over a TMG solution.  No Direct Access, no Microsoft applications, just proxying.  And infomation on this is thin at best

Many would say that TMG would have acheived what I needed, I won't argue either way here.

But why the blog?  Well, to be honest I needed somewhere to keep information that I have found about UAG, and a blog I hope will allow others to use what I have found.  Microsoft have only a handful of people who understand UAG - though those people are very knowledgable - and I have struggled to get information on getting UAG to work how I want it to.

I have found lots of sites that have valuable information, for both IAG and UAG.  But I also have found a lot of gaps.  When I find a solution to these gaps, I will post it.  When I find a good site, I'll post that too.

With any luck, someone going down the same path as I have will find this reference useful

No comments: